Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Big Day!!!!!

The wedding was a day sixteen years in the making!! What a gorgeous day for an outdoor ceremony!!!!! I can honestly say that I have never before attended a wedding quite like this!!!! The beautiful ceremony was under a canopy of shade from the trees in the backyard and the happy couple was surrounded by tons of friends and family! Isabel was an angel through the ceremony despite a few troublesome moments prior to the beginning of service. The music was fabulous.... A string quartet, a keyboard, and at least two soloists, not counting the psalmist who had the most gorgeous deep voice! I can only imagine what the neighbors were thinking (if they weren't lucky enough to be in attendance).

The reception that followed was a fantastic party under a large white tent on the front lawn. The food was delicious and the music was awesome and Isa had a fabulous time dancing... Or rather she enjoyed riding on my hip while I was dancing. I must say that the photographer might just have as many pictures of Isabel as the happy couple as every time I turned around he was snapping photos of her....I hope I get to see them!!!!!!! (this is a hint for the happy couple)


And now, as the party is winding down, I slipped away to a quiet spot where Isabel is again sleeping on the couch and I am happily blogging my entries for the past few days. The college mates are all playing "spoons" and reminiscing once again. Tonight, a special shout out to my suite mates from college who I know are religiously following my blog. Only you guys will appreciate the biologically successful le poulard that I saw at Kimball Farm yesterday....if only Lil Ricky could have seen it.


On the tv in the background is one of my favorite movies.... I won't tell you what it is but will provide you with a trivia question regarding a line from the movie.... The first comment response I receive correctly identifying the movie in Jeopardy style shall receive a prize...and those in attendance this evening at the wedding are not eligible to play...

Movie Quote: "if you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter........"

If you read all the way to the end of this entry, you might be interested in reading the two previous entries that will catch you up on our trip since "the midnight swim" where we last left off..... Scroll down for your viewing pleasure..

3 comments: