Sunday, July 5, 2009

A room with a view......

July 5 – Day 7

Today we left Munich and traveled via our huge VW Caddy to Prato, Italy. Today is also the first time in a week that we had access to wi-fi. As I know you have all been waiting for the updates of the trip, I advise you to please scroll down and read them chronologically after reading this sentence……..that means now…. Come back to this paragraph later…..

We left Munich this morning after eating breakfast at the Pension Mayr. The drive from Munich to Prato took us about 8 hours, as we stopped for lunch in a beautiful little town called Bosen. (We have decided to add Bosen to the list of places we would like to visit again in the future). Words cannot truly describe the beauty you see at each turn while driving through the Alps to Tuscany…. Just when you think you have seen the most beautiful church atop the most magnificent peak with rolling hills, you make another turn or go through another tunnel to find the next breathtaking view. I did manage to take a few shots as we were racing down the autobahn, and as soon as Bela downloads the pictures we will have some up on the blog. Isabel slept a good portion of the way here today. Her sleeping patterns are surprisingly normal since our arrival, but I guess riding in the car can be quite tiresome even for little people.

When we finally arrived in Prato, we had only slight difficulty making our way to the Hotel Flora, as the TomTom kept wanting us to travel down one way streets the wrong way. The hotel is quite modern despite its appearances. We have AIR CONDITIONING!!!!!!! I didn’t realize know how we take such things for granted, until sleeping in conditions where air is truly warranted. And, we have our own bathroom here…. Now, if you didn’t scroll down and read in chronological order, then I guess you will have to wait to see what this means…..

After a leisurely stroll through the city, we found a side walk restaurant so that we could eat dinner. Bela was worried he wouldn’t be able to remember his Italian, but it came right back to him. I, however, don’t speak Italian, and am still responding in German as best I can. We are pretty sure we had dinner next to a table of transgendered individuals… in any event, they were 3 women with very large Adam’s Apples, and Bela kept staring at them.

We located Monash University so that I know where to go in the morning for my conference. And, Cheri, in case you are reading this…. The boxes arrived, but no poster (unless the poster is inside the box??)

It is getting late here…. Sweet Dreams Family and Friends…..

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a day! Sounds like you are keeping yourself busy.

    ReplyDelete